For homeowners, Spring is a very exciting and sometimes, overwhelming time of year! As the snow melts away, we all feel a natural urge to declutter and organize as well as clean and freshen up our homes. I have included some thought-starters that might be helpful as you plan your spring cleaning…
- Schedule a window cleaner (Fish Window Cleaning does a good job and is reasonably priced)
- Update your outdoor space with a small investment in new pillows and cushions
- Patina would love to help you with custom pieces or check out Ballard Designs for some great and inexpensive accents
- Schedule your spring lawn aeration
- Start planning your spring containers – check out pinterest and gardening magazinesto get some ideas of colors and plant materials you want to include. If you are in the market for new containers this season, head to Gethsemane Garden Center on Clarkin Andersonville or for custom handcrafted planter boxes, check out at www.kimballandbean.com
- Coordinate summer annual plantings throughout your yard with the containers tocreate a holistic, unified look across your property
- Make a list of elements throughout your home that need to be updated – no need totackle it all at once but if it’s on the list, it gives you a sense of organization and can help you to plan your resources. If there are things we can help you with, send us your list this spring and simply prioritize for us… we can keep our eyes open as we are out hitting antique shows, the mart and flea markets this summer.
- Nothing beats good old fashioned spring cleaning and organizing… make a list of the areas of your home that need a clean sweep – start by considering the areas that get the most abuse… usually the mudroom, kitchen pantry and the kids’ closets! If its been a few seasons since the last “clean-out” and you want some help or simply don’t want to waste the whole summer indoors, consider calling in a pro! Georgeann Shenton offers an organizational service that can be tailored to your needs and she is super fun to work with – you can reach her at 847-707- 5703.
- Even if you skip all of the above, definitely plan to attend the Chicago Antiques, Garden & Design Show at the Chicago Botanic Garden this weekend for fabulous interior décor, landscape design and gardening inspiration. I LOVE this show and have had a lot of luck finding wonderful, unique goodies for my clients (and myself).